- Switzerland - Switzerland
- Job type
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote roles.
Remote location: Switzerland.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with low-level software development.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Experience with virtualization engineering and hardware emulation in general.
- Experience with software development in C++ and Rust.
- Experience with trusted computing or software attestation, specifically AMD-SEV, and AMD-SEV-SNP.
- Familiarity with the Linux kernel.
- Exceptional foundation in and in-depth technical knowledge of security engineering, computer and network security, authentication and security protocols.
About the job
Our Security team works to create and maintain the safest operating environment for Google's users and developers. Security Engineers work with network equipment and actively monitor our systems for attacks and intrusions. In this role, you will also work with software engineers to proactively identify and fix security flaws and vulnerabilities.
Information Security Engineers (ISE) at Google promote good design and implementation practices and develop technologies which help product teams to deliver innovative security solutions.
While the team is focused on security reviews, vulnerability research and consulting internal teams, we also do a fair share of software development, whenever it helps our product teams to improve security posture of their projects.
In this role, you will work on delivering next generation code sandboxing technologies, helping Google, and partners to improve the security of their computing infrastructure. You’ll be able to design and implement solutions in the area of hardware virtualization, trusted computing, and software attestation.
At Google, our users come first, and the Systems Infrastructure team is at the heart of that promise. We build the technologies that transform the way we think about doing business. Whether working on our cloud systems, researching the latest in computer technology or keeping Google's internal systems humming, Googlers and users alike rely on us to keep things running. We're back-end experts: protecting your privacy and ensuring your security.Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.
- Develop technical solutions for software sandboxing.
- Plan and execute the integration of a virtualization-based sandboxing solution with Google platforms.
- Implement secure computing capabilities based on software attestation to our existing sandboxing solutions.
- Maintain documentation and provide technical support to our internal customers.