- London, England - United Kingdom
- Job type
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with software development in one or more programming languages.
- Experience with data structures or algorithms in either an academic or industry setting.
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Experience developing accessible technologies.
- Experience building software for data privacy or security (e.g., identity and access management).
- Experience building software in Python, C++ or Rust, for Linux, MacOS, Windows, Android, or iOS.
- Expertise in programming language safety and semantics, operating system security, and/or platform security.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
With your technical expertise you will manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables. You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
The Chrome Security team aims to create the safest browser for a trusted web, through well-reasoned defenses, smart investments, and visible leadership. As part of that mission, we must ensure Chrome makes the best possible use of the security feature of every platform it runs on, in order to provide the safest basis on which to build the open web platform.
Google is an engineering company at heart. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on users around the world. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, social to local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.
- Build tools to find and diagnose Chrome security vulnerabilities (e.g., fuzzers and more).
- Build infrastructure to help others build fuzzers (e.g., code coverage, VM isolation, fuzzing on more platforms and types of build, automatic analysis of crashes). Maintain security instrumentation for our mixed-language, multi-platform codebase (e.g., address sanitizer and similar technologies).
- Invent workflows and build tools to make it efficient to understand and resolve incoming security bugs (e.g., VM isolation environments), keeping up-to-date with trends and variations in the Chrome exploitation.
- Make sure security tooling stays up-to-date with the latest security innovations (e.g., MiraclePtr, MTE, Rust). Help to deploy these technologies which prevent exploitation.
- Invent new ways to find new types of security vulnerabilities and defeat adversaries.